My Mac Book Pro was hijacked by risezone. I was getting pop ups that said my Flash player was outdated and to download a new version of it.

I started to get screens popping up that locked up all my browsers. I had a screen pop up that said Apple Support and then I had a small box pop up on the bottom right corner asking how they could help me. I thought I was talking to Apple support and as I found out later these guys are scammers. Apple WILL NOT take over your machine like these guys did.

They removed all the Malware that was put on my machine because they knew exactly what to look for. I have changed all my passwords and since I have only had this machine for 3 weeks they do not have access to any banking info. Legally they have crossed their T's and dotted their I's and I am out the $199.99US but maybe someone will be saved by this posting.

I felt uncomfortable all day about this so I went on the Apple website and eventually talked to an Apple tech guy who said these guys are scammers. First they hijack my machine and then they say we can fix it.

Reason of review: they claim they are Apple support.

Comments

Unfortunately I had the same situation last night and now my MacBook Pro is unable to go online after 90 minutes of their remote access to "fix" things on my computer. They claim they are trying to help me and had me go out and purchase an ethernet cable to continue with them to solve the problem.

I am out $214.

So far they are responsive when I call them. They seem to be Indian but work out of West Virginia.

to Rande Dager #1457984

Watch out for Mackeeper as they are the same as rise zone. They hijack your machine and then say they can fix it.