An elderly family member was conned into purchasing a 5 year technical support subscription for Symantec products for the price of $299.99, and 4 months later, an additional charge of $249.99 for "lifetime security" (whatever that might mean).This was a classic case of responding to an internet browsing session when an alert to possible viruses popped up on the screen.
This company appears to be staffed by individuals who prey on the uninitiated and / or gullibility of individuals who are not very technically inclined.
AVOID this company at all costs.We have filed a dispute with the credit card company in an attempt to recover the credit card charges.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Virus Software
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it. So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix. I was..."
- "Dell Computer ~ Fraud and Fiction After multiple, and I mean multiple attempts to contact someone at the corporate office in Texas I have yet to see signs of life. I..."
- "Ordered Xtream Media Server Pro-3800 Dec 23rd 2009 was told server would arrive Dec 29th 2009-Never showed! Januray 12th a Dirty, Used,dented server without owners manual, covered in greasy finger..."
- "I ordered flowers for my grandmother for Valentine's day & when she sent me a picture of how they looked I was so upset! She got such cheap ugly looking..."
- "Ok, at the very end of March this year I went to Claire's to get my second lobe piercing. I told her about how I've had some very rough expieriences..."
- "Paid $80.00 for a cover for ipad air2 cover & the leather began coming off the front of the cover in less than 6 months after my purchase. Have contacted..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- " HP PC's - Urgent - DO NOT BUY - Rubbish After Sales. So the story is, HP agree to pick up my PC for repair when the PC has..."